Un saluto 10 anni dopo

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 8/3/2020, 01:22

U700entista stadio finale

Group:
Founder

Ciao a tutti a chi c’era e chi c’è ancora, sono passato sul forum per fare un saluto. Spero che vada bene a tutti voi, mi sto godendo questo viale dei ricordi per una sera, rileggendomi tutti i vecchi post e come ci davamo dentro per quello che è stato un ottimo cellulare per tutti noi.. un saluto e dal vostro Founder 😁

view post Posted on 24/3/2021, 14:22

Nuovo Membro

Group:

Ciao anche a te

I just recently founded this forum as I got interested in getting a Samsung U700 and tweaking it.

Do you by any chance still have any of the files or tutorials needed for this phone ?

I would need the usb driver , the vodafone firmware ( I understand that is the only one that accepts themes ) and stuff like that

Thank you and it's nice to see the founder making a visit after such a long time.

view post Posted on 24/3/2021, 14:50

Group:
Founder

Hi, I’m glad you are interested of this mobile phone after 10 years and more 😁, but I’m so sorry to tell you I check all the old link and they still unavailable anymore.
A way is to search on google the Vodafone firmware name, and if you are lucky you can find it.. for any questions just ask..

view post Posted on 25/3/2021, 04:48

Nuovo Membro

Group:

I did , I googled the firmware's name but unfortunately I couldn't find anything .
I guess my best luck would be to find a phone that has the vodafone firmware on it already , but so far all I could find were italian branded Wind operator ones or no operator whatsoever.

Another thing, the ones I do find , don't come with chargers, but i managed to find a usb data cable , do you think that would work in charging the phone if I plug the usb to a battery bank ?

And just to be sure, could you link me or give me a picture of what exactly the charging cable has to look like? Cose I'm a bit unsure, there are 2 wide flat Samsung chargers , I remember 1 from my Samsung E900 & F300 that I had back in the day , but I keep seeing another type of charger that looks a bit different than what I remember.

And again, thank you for finding time after so many years to visit here, I truly needed someone that knows and played with this phone.

Here is what I mean about the chargers, the plug in one as one type of adaptor while the gray usb cable as another one and I'm not sure which would work, plus, in order to work & play with the phone as I like, I would need a data cable for it as well.

view post Posted on 25/3/2021, 15:38

Nuovo Membro

Group:

I forgot to ask, since you had the phone and played with it, do you perhaps remember if indeed just this one vodafone firmware alone supports the change of themes ?

In a blogpost it said that only the U700AMGE1 version works for themes, do you know if that is true, or perhaps the italian Wind versions work as well ?

view post Posted on 25/3/2021, 20:57

Group:
Founder

This is the correct charger you need, is flat and thin, you can find it on eBay (5€) “search word , Samsung u700 charger”, for the data cable you can even find it on eBay with “u700 data cable” search word.
As I remember the Vodafone firmware is the only with you can install themes.
Just for my curiosity, why you try to do all of this with this old phone? Tell me your story 😁 I’m curious

Attached Image: 5CEF4460-0477-4622-8B92-013415808C15

5CEF4460-0477-4622-8B92-013415808C15

view post Posted on 25/3/2021, 21:13

Nuovo Membro

Group:

Generally I like tech as a passion I guess, as a hobby , although I don't really dwelve into it , but recently I got this obsessions with cell phones , I guess trying to get away from the smartphones, and I remembered back in highschool I bought myself a Samsung E900 and I loved everything about it , the design , the functionality, you know , nostalgia.
And now, as a secondary phone, I searched for a Samsung E950 , which is similar to the E900 , just a bit more advanced, but I cant really find that in my area, it wasn't a popular phone, but I did find a couple of U800 models, it's just that I preffer the design of the U700 , the mirror silver one , and I always liked to theme & personalize & customize my phones, so the first thing I searched for was themes for the U700 , found the blog that explained the procedure , now the problem is that I cant find that firmware anywhere.

Another thing I noticed looking on ebay , was that there are multiple versions of the U700 , there's the regular international one , then there are the italian ones from Wind & Tim which have a different touch button, the I for the browser I guess, and then there's also something called SGH-U700EVO , which I don't really understand what it is, or how is it different than the regular U700.

As for the chargers/cables, I managed to find a usb cable with the proper jack, as well as a charger with the same jack, in case the USB cable doesn't work for charging the phone.

As for phones, I managed to find 3 for now, one is a pink one from Tim Italia , but the seller sais it is not functional , a dark blue / black one , which I'm assuming is from Wind or Tim as well , the seller say it's functional but doesn't have a charger for it to test it , and a regular international one that's not branded by the looks of that specific touch button , however it is in pretty bad shape, scratched plastic on the screen, the mirror finish is worn off , but it is functional.
I found some replacement housings but looking at the disassembly guides, in order to replace the front part, the one with the screen and the wheel and buttons, you need soldering equipment, which I don't have, so it's a tough decision between "non functional" pink one, unknown blue one or disaster silver.

view post Posted on 26/3/2021, 00:38

Group:
Founder

I have kept 2 of u700 (if I remember correctly they are the evo version), I remember that the most complicated thing to replace was the flat of the screen, which broke easily while continuing to open and close the phone. if you need help with repairs i do them as a hobby, i can help you.
Talking about old phone models I remember, before smartphones arrived, the motorola a1000 and samsung omnia models.
But the only old phone I kept are the two u700, the Motorola a835 and another one I forgot the brand now, but I can send you the photos tomorrow 😁

https://easy-firmware.com/index.php?a=down...=folder&id=6672

On this link I found something about multi loader and firmwares, but there isn’t the Vodafone firmware..

view post Posted on 26/3/2021, 06:53

Nuovo Membro

Group:

Initially I was looking to get a Samsung G400 model to use as a secondary phone, it is a flip style and has a big exterior screen, I thought it looked classy and modern at the same time, but that one is even harder to find in good condition, and if you find it it is very expensive. So I gave up on that and got a Motorola Razr V8 , which is similar in therms of looks but I love it because it has a Linux based operating system and there's a lot of customization & mods for it.

But now I have this obsession with having a slider phone as well and I just love the design of the U700.

This is the only place I found the firmware needed for themes , but I'm suspicious that they actually have it , and I think it's a scam

easy-firmware.com/index.php?a=downloads&b=folder&id=6674

view post Posted on 26/3/2021, 07:13

Nuovo Membro

Group:

I managed to find another one, this one charges 2 Euros but I'm skeptical

https://service-gsm.net/Samsung/U700v/

view post Posted on 29/3/2021, 08:57

Group:
Founder

you're right, those sites often contain malware, but the g400 is much newer than the u700. I hope you can find u700 in good condition, however if you buy one to be repaired and you need to ask for it, I'll help you gladly

view post Posted on 4/4/2021, 14:18

Nuovo Membro

Group:

Thank you, I appreciate it, for now, I've had the bad luck of the seller that was supposed to send me the phone turned out to not be serious so I have to go back and look for another seller that has it.

view post Posted on 11/4/2021, 04:27

Nuovo Membro

Group:

Hey , it's me again, I have an idea, perhaps it could work?

I looked online and I found this website that has instructions on how to do "firmware patches" for the Samsung SGH-E900 , which is somewhat similar, from around the same time , and they used to modify the firmware directly with the "theme" that they wanted , and I guess it would be possible to do the same for the U700 as well?

I've looked everywhere for the U700AMGE1 version , can't find it to download it anywhere anymore, I've looked for phones that have it directly , on ebay , facebook, everywhere , no luck whatsoever.

Here is the site where they explain how they used to do it by themselves back in the day :

www.geocities.ws/samsunge900mods/creation.html

What do you think , could it be an option ? I would still need a firmware file on my computer however, it just doesn't have to be only the U700AMGE1 version.

view post Posted on 11/4/2021, 07:58

Group:
Founder

Ehi, if u want to try is not a bad idea, but if I remember into our modding session we had some modder, they try lot of time to modify the various firmware but they are coded and was impossible to do something. But it costs nothing to try 😁..
Meantime did you find other models to buy on eBay?

view post Posted on 11/4/2021, 08:06

Nuovo Membro

Group:

I tried to search locally on online second hand shops first, and keep ebay as a last option, i managed to find a functional one and it's in good condition as well, but it's firmware is different.

However, I've found a forum where they discuss everything about the U700 and apparently another Vodafone branded firmware also supports themes , so it's not just the AMGE1 , the BUGF2 is also confirmed to support themes, so that's some good news, and I'm thinking that since this is a Vodafone branded firmware, they also have BUGK2 , logic would say that this one also would support themes, and perhaps other Vodafone ones as well?

Right now my intuition says to look for phones that have the Vodafone logo on them and the samsung one at the top of the screen below the speaker, I'll try to find some on ebay and ask the sellers to show me a picture of the menu .

16 replies since 8/3/2020, 01:22   115 views